Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The pickup.

So, with much excitement and anticipation Michelle and I borrowed the family truck, rented a car dolly and made the trek north(ish) to Elk Grove where we found.......


"Our" 260z. It's a 1974 260z in decent condition.

It should be noted that by "Decent" I mean it's either in boxes or missing. Notice that 4x4 ride height? No bumpers, no engine, no seats. That's all okay. The plan was to replace the engine anyway.


So we hooked it up and after a quick dinner break, made the (slow) drive home.


So where are we now? This weekend I'll assess the current state of the car and determine what to do next. This is going to be a long term restoration project, but one that my wife and I are certainly up too.

2 comments:

  1. Restoration projects do take a lot of time, but it’s all for the best, especially on older car models. With all the advancements in car technology, it’s difficult to find parts that could fit older models, much less work. I wish you and your wife all the best in your project and look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck on finding the parts you need!

    -Enoch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily 90% of the parts we need are available through mail order company's like Black Dragon Automotive and MSA. Whatever we can't find new, eBay will have. Anything else? I'm going to cut, weld and fabricate anything I need.

    Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete